Search This Blog

Sunday 17 April 2011

PC Fair 2011 and a whole lots more..

Last Saturday was a much awaited day for me. I was so looking forward to attend the Pikom PC Fair at KLCC. I left at 9.30am from college, followed by Mark, Doris, and whole gang of friends. We travelled to KL Sentral by KTM Komuter, and when we reached, Mark, Doris and I decided to head first to KLCC, while the others stayed back to fill up their empty stomachs with breakfast.

We travelled to KLCC by LRT, and what a view to behold when we reached! The place was just teeming with people! We quickly made a beeline for the convention centre, and were amazed at the sheer amount of booths set up there. I've never seen that many IT products being on display, ever in my life!

The Samsung ST600 on display.
Anyways, we broke off, and I went in search of what i was there for, a camera. I had already done my researh on what kind of camera I wanted, and finally, I was contemplating againt the Canon IXUS 220 HS, and the Samsung ST600. Both cost RM 999 and were equally matched out. But I had to try them out before deciding. So, I made my way to the Canon booth, and saw the IXUS on display. I tested it, took a few pictures, but somehow I was not so pleased with the quality. To me, the pictures lacked the clarity that we would usually associate with a 14.2 MP camera. I then approached the Samsung booth, where I saw the ST600 on display. I tested it, and again took a few pictures, and I was amazed at the amount of clarity the pictures possessed! It was truly HD imaging.

The ST600.
But then, I saw another camera next to the ST600, the ST550. This model was the predecessor to the ST600, having the same specs as the ST600, except for the 12.2 MP lens. I gave it a try to, just for fun, but I was amazed that the picture quality mirrored the ST600. Plus, the ST550 came with Super Macro, which allows you to take clear pictures of objects at a distance of lesser than 5cm. Moreover, it was so much elegant compared to the ST600, and I felt I had a better grip of the ST550 compared to the ST600 when I held both of them. The ST550 was priced at RM 699, which was a better bargain and it came with a free MP3 player, casing and a screen protector. I made up my mind, and paid up for the ST550. It was definitely worth it.

The Samsung ST550.
The back of the ST550. Can't get enough of the minimalistic design and the 3.5" screen.
The ST550 with the front LCD turned on.

To many to choose from.
Leaving KLCC, we went to SungeiWang Plaza for a quick lunch, and crossed the road towards Low Yat Plaza, Malaysia's largest IT mall. It was just as amazing as the PC Fair, with each floor designated to one kind of product, for example, the 1st floor was for handphones, and the second floor for PCs. After a while, we went to Times Square, where the Petronas Battle of the Bands were being held. What I did not know was that there was also a Ducati Roadshow at the same time. DUCATI!! My favourite bikes are all Ducatis, and it was a dream come true for me to see so many bikes on display.


The Ducati Diavel Carbon.

The newest Ducati bike, the Diavel Carbon was also in display. It was more than a beauty. It was a masterpiece. The place was just so filled with likewise, bike aficionados and members of the media. After much oggling of the bikes, we decided to hit back to college and after a long and tiring journey, reached back at around 9.00pm. But whatever it may be, the trip was worth it.

The Ducati dual - purpose Multistrada 1200.

The 848 Evo.



Image taken using the front LCD, with soft colour applied.




Night potrait mode with Slow Sync flash. Camera Stabilisation was not turned on.

Taken using Samsung Smart Auto system in Daylight Mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment